Breakthrough ~ spontaneous 2-word sentences!
Last night I took Blake on our spot-the-moon walk, and asked him, 'Which way are we going to go?' He points to the right, saying, 'That way!' Then he pointed to the left and said it again, just as enthusiastically. Even if he's a bit directionally indecisive, at least he's starting to put a sentence together correctly. Neither the word 'That' or 'Way' has he ever used before.
From here on in, I'm not even going to mention Blake's mimicked words, as half of the single words I say get repeated! It's like living with a macaw, only a cuter version thereof.
All these words Blake has used in the right context either later or the day after hearing them in the last fortnight: Dog, Cat, Game (oh, I hear that one A LOT!), Play, Keys, Grate, Truck, Cup, Ring, and I love this last one: Thanks. He says it a lot more than, 'Ta.'
These he's added in the last few days: Fence, Gate, Tree, Hug, Empty, Gone, Again, Light, Hot, Cold, Rain, Wind, Train. He's really getting the concepts of hot, cold and again, as well as lots of object names. He provided a name for a new toy for the first time yesterday ~ when asked what he wanted to call his new SIDS and kids Red Nose Day soft-toy Lion, he said, 'Eeki'! So Eeki the Lion it is.
I took Blake to a music jam with at a friend's place ~ he danced the evening away afterwards, played a bit of percussion during, an ate so many chocolates from the 'guest choccy bowl' I was surprisedhe didn't bounce off the walls all night!
No comments:
Post a Comment